Preschool for 3 to 5 year olds
The primary program is designed for three to five year old children and includes a wide array of Montessori learning material to support our self-paced curriculum and enrichment areas. Children experience the freedom to move about in a prepared environment of hands-on learning activities, developing high levels of independence. Our well-trained teaching staff watches for the individual child’s readiness and facilitates their progress to the next level of conceptual development. Group time, outdoor play, and snacks are also important parts of our daily routine.
- All children must be three years old by September 1 of the year in which they will be attending. We use this date to help ensure that your child is physically, emotionally, and academically ready for the classroom. It also coincides with the kindergarten requirement outlined by State Department of Education.
- All children must be independent in the bathroom. Please refer to our Pre-Primary program for children that do not meet this requirement.
- Current health and emergency forms, including updated lead test and vaccination record as required by MSDE, must be submitted before admission. All forms may be obtained in the school office.
- A pre-admission visit is highly recommended.
- Click here to learn more about our registration process.
A variety of schedules are available to meet your family’s needs. Please contact us for current fee scales and availability of space.
- 2 day (Thursday/Friday)
- 3 day (Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday)
- 5 day
- Morning Classes – 8:30 am to 11:30 am
- Afternoon Classes – 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, or national origin