You are here
We are hiring!
Hagerstown Children's School has been nurturing children for 20+ years. As we move into our new location for the 2017-2018 school year we are expanding our programs. We are hiring for the position of Assistant Teacher, will that be you?
Our Assistant Teachers…
- Are caring, compassionate and love what they do!
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all licensing guidelines and implementing all company standards.
- Nuture a child's natural physical, social and emotional development using the Montessori philosophy.
- Help to maintain a fun and interactive classroom that is clean and organized.
- Encourage and promote a positive environment to establish a positive attitude in our chilren.
- Are flexible, fun and can easily adjust to the ever changing flow of a classroom.
- Are rewarded with hugs from children and praise from parents every day!
We are looking for candidates that are as passionate about the growth and development of the precious children in our care as we are. We are most interested in talking to applicants that have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent
- Montessori experience is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to learn and implement the Montessori philosophy through mentoring and/or approved Montessori training
- Experience working in a licensed childcare facility or other school environment
- Impeccable references and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children to provide them with a great start to their educational careers
- The ability to meet state and/or accreditation requirements for education and experience
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work
- Must be at least 18 years of age
If you are ready to join our staff, please forward your resume, letter of interest and references to:
Hagerstown Children's School
Attn: Heather Tosten, Director
141 S. Potomac St
Hagerstown, MD 21742